How to Create a Successful TikTok Marketing Strategy 2021
Many business owners haven’t taken the time to figure out how TikTok can work as a marketing tool. Perhaps this is because they think the platform only has a “young” user base.
However, TikTok is now attracting a wide range of people. In fact, nearly 38% of TikTok’s users within the US are above 30.
The low business competition presents a massive opportunity because you can reach many people at a relatively low cost.
TikTokers (TikTok users) film short videos and edit them with effects, filters, captions, and music, then post them for their TikTok followers. Content creators use hashtags and identify which popular category they fit into to more easily be discovered by non-followers.
TikTok marketing strategy is the talk amongst marketers for its effective tools and technique which are content based and ensure significant growth of the brand in least sponsoring. The app allows its 795 Million international users to create short 15 seconds videos, musical dubsmashes, and many other activities just as social media apps.
TikTok has recently launched an advertising process and hyper linking text feature for businesses, although influencers and brand mentions in the form of ‘challenges’ have been prevalent on the platform since it’s formation. Currently, brands are unknowingly on TikTok (in the form of existing user-generated content) and use organically drive brand awareness. Others are more intentional with their presence on TikTok with ads that are oriented around generating website traffic.
The bottom line: savvy brands are starting to use it to reach younger audiences and show a different side of themselves through funny videos, challenges, games and other strategies that are specific to the platform. At the core, brands on TikTok need to be authentic, approachable, and willing to test boundaries to gain the respect of this new audience.
Here’s how to create a TikTok business account:
- Download and open the TikTok app.
- Login with your email, Google, Twitter or Facebook account. If multiple people will need to access the account, choose login credentials you are comfortable sharing.
- Set up your account. Tap Me in the lower right corner, then click Edit Profile to add a profile picture and bio. You can add links to your Instagram and Video accounts, too.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner, then Manage Account.
- From there, switch to a pro account, then select Business or Creator.
- Select the category that best fits your business, then tap Next.
- You can now add a website and contact email to your profile.